A: Calcium chloride, CaCl2, is a common salt. It has several common applications such as brine for refrigeration plants, ice and dust control on roads, and in concrete. It is also used in foods, medicines, laboratories and food processing.
A: Our Liquid Calcium Chloride Brine comes from our natural mineral well in Michigan and does not need to be reconstituted. It is ready to use for ice, snow and dust control the moment it arrives at your facility.
A: While liquid calcium chloride brine has many uses, our customers use it predominately for dust control, anti-icing on paved surfaces, pre-wetting rock salt and snow and ice removal.
- Snow and ice removal and anti-icing: 100 to 150 gallons per acre or lane mile.
- Pre-wetting rock salt: 8 to 12 gallons per ton of salt.
- Dust control: 1,000 to 2,000 gallons per lane mile.
- 21 to 24% Calcium Chloride
- 4.11 to 5% Magnesium Chloride
- 1.68 to 2% Potassium Chloride
- 3.78 to 4% Sodium Chloride
A: Yes. The MSDS is available on our MSDS page. Physical copies are available by printing the PDF on the page listed above, by calling (517) 521-2124 or by sending us an e-mail.
- When used as recommended, Liquid Calcium Chloride Brine is a safe, environmentally sound solution for ice and snow removal and prevention; road stabilization and dust control.
- The safety and environmental-friendliness of Liquid Calcium Chloride Brine has been studied and documented. See the Green Facts page for more information.
- Liquid Calcium Chloride Brine (CaCl2) out-performed other products by as much as 71.4%
- Salt pre-wetted with Liquid Calcium Chloride Brine out-performed dry salt by as much as 40% in terms of reducing snow cover.
- Research shows Liquid Calcium Chloride Brine (CaCl2) was the most effective agent, regardless of the dry salt rate and pre-wetting ratio.
A: Totes are plastic containers, usually contained within a metal cage. Our totes are 275 gallon, but can hold 300 gallons of product if we fill them up to the top. Totes can be used to store our liquid calcium chloride brine; set in the bed of a truck with the product applied directly from the tote to the ground/road; refilled or stacked empty waiting for next season.
A: We refill totes at our location in Webberville, Michigan. We also have resellers around Michigan and in several other states. Please call us at (517) 521-2124 or e-mail us for the address of a reseller near you.
A: Tanks can be purchased from many different companies. To find a tank, search Google for a bulk tank storage company or farm supply company in your area.
A: The cost of storage tanks are variable depending on the size of tank ordered. Contact a bulk storage company or farm supply dealer in your area.
A: Please call (517) 521-2124 for a quote. We are sorry we cannot provide an exact figure, but prices are variable depending on quantity ordered.
A: Yes, delivery to all 48 U.S. states and Canada is available at an additional charge.
A: The cost of delivery is variable and dependent upon where you are located and the quantity you order. Please call (517) 521-2124, or e-mail us if you need a quote.
A: We will be selling affordable, custom built sprayers in the near future. In the meantime, you can look for landscape suppliers in your area - many of them also sell sprayers.
A: The cost of a ready-to-use or custom built sprayer depends on the size of the sprayer. We’re sorry we can be more specific on price, but the cost varies widely depending upon your needs.
A: Yes! Building your own truck-mounted sprayer system is fairly simple. Remember, your only goal is to get the product out of the tank onto the ground. Use Google to search for terms such as “truck mounted sprayer systems”.